This holiday season is all about gifts that give back. We are proud to be selling handmade woolen accessories from Padhma Knits, a fair labor company based out of Nepal that is committed to helping end the cycle of poverty.
These hats, scarves, and hand warmers are knit by skilled artisans in Eastern Nepal. Most of these women come from extreme poverty and many are rescued from human trafficking or domestic abuse. Padhma Knits launched a pilot program to provide skill training to empower women who might otherwise not have an opportunity to earn an income and or work from home.
Padhma Knitter - Punee Gurung
The pilot project was a success as the artisans were able to earn enough to buy food, help cover household expenses, and send their children to school. There are now three knitting communities in Nepal, employing 50+ women.
Padhma Knitter - Nita Sharma
In line with their mission of ending poverty, Padhma Knits also invests in childern. They have an education fund that supports over 35 children as they pursue higher education.
Padhma Knitter - Maya Gurung
Read more about this amazing company here.
New hand-sewn appliqué alert! The Zebra Appliqué is here and ready to shop! The Zebra is one of our hand-sewn appliqués that helps craftswomen in Nepal (read more about that here). Check out all of the styles here. The Zebra comes in three great new styles: (from left to right) the Sasha Tee, the Raza Tank, and the Eva Dress.
So if you're looking to show your stripes, indulge your wild side, or just look good, the Zebra Appliqué is for you.
Share a picture of you wearing your favorite Synergy piece and you could win a $200 gift card!
How to enter:
1. Follow us on Instagram
2. Post a picture of you wearing your favorite Synergy piece.
3. Tag it with #spottedinsynergy and @synergyclothing
Don't have Instagram? "Like" us on Facebook and post your picture to our wall. Don't have Facebook? Email your picture to socialmedia [at] synergyclothing [dot] com
Check out our #spottedinsynergy page for style inspiration from fellow Synergy fans!
Contest ends: 11/11/14
Winner will be announced: 11/14/14
Psst... we've got a special sneak peek of Synergy-greatness to come, just for you!
We are thrilled to be shooting our Spring 2015 Collection on site in Red Rock Canyon Park in Southern California! We'll be posting more pics throughout the week; make sure you're following us on Instagram, so you don't miss a thing!
If you are searching for style inspiration, look no further than the amazing Lisa Marie Prang of LMPCollections.com
We love the way she styled our Bali Stitch Pocket Dress and Free Bird Scoop Neck Tank.
This total cutie was recently featured in Seventeen Magazine. She describes herself as a blogger, a fashion fanatic, a graphic designer, and a dreamer. Check out her site for more style inspiration!
GET THIS LOOK:
1. The Reversible Slip Dress is a dress that looks great all year, but is perfect when you're trying to be comfy. This dress is made from our signature organic cotton and constructed in accordance with fair trade practices in Nepal (click here to read more about how Synergy is helping women in Nepal).
2. The Convertible Cardigan is a sweater with style and versatility. Wrap it, button it, wear it loose - you can't go wrong with this cardigan!
3. 100% Cashmere Pashmina Wrap it up when the sun goes down. This lightweight pashmina is great for all seasons. Wrap yourself up in it for a super cozy fireside look.
4. Tote your s'mores supplies down to the beach in the Devin Tote from Krochet Kids. This bag will give you plenty of space + style and is made by artisans in Peru!
5. And of course, these classic Burlap Platform Wedges from TOMS are comfy and cute! Synergy loves TOMS and are in awe of the amount of good they do in the world. For every pair of TOMS sold, the company donates a pair to a child in need.