This blog post was written by Kate Fisher, Co-owner/Creative Director of Synergy. She is currently visiting India and Nepal, working with our manufacturers and checking in on our factories.
It was very sweet to be back in Pushkar after 7 years. It felt like a pilgrimage for me, back to a place I know so well, where I spent so much time growing up and into myself as a devotee of life and of the sacred, and learning to lay the foundation of my business. It was my training ground in business , buying in the markets, working with tailors, and learning how to design clothing, a business school and fashion design school all rolled into a beautiful gypsy village in the desert of Rajasthan. It captivated my young adventurous freedom loving spirit. There I learned the art of international commerce and about a sacred and simple life that exists in the quiet beauty of the village of Pushkar, with the holy waters of the lake as the crown jewel of the desert, where I went for my daily morning oblations and prayers, and brought fresh flower garlands and ghee to my favorite deities. It is the kind of place where when you return everyone stops you on the street and greets you and welcomes you in for chai and remembers exactly how long it has been since you were there last. It is a village I came to every year for 15 years, where I formed deep friendships and connections to the people, the culture, the deities, and spirits of the lake and village. " Sometimes we visit your country and live in your home..."
Meet the Kathmandu Tunic! This jumper is the perfect way to show your fresh, playful side. It gets its namesake from the beautiful city of Kathmandu, Nepal, where our clothing is made. Grab your favorite boots and leggings if it is cold, and you are ready to skip around town.
GET THIS LOOK:
1. The Reversible Slip Dress is a dress that looks great all year, but is perfect when you're trying to be comfy. This dress is made from our signature organic cotton and constructed in accordance with fair trade practices in Nepal (click here to read more about how Synergy is helping women in Nepal).
2. The Convertible Cardigan is a sweater with style and versatility. Wrap it, button it, wear it loose - you can't go wrong with this cardigan!
3. 100% Cashmere Pashmina Wrap it up when the sun goes down. This lightweight pashmina is great for all seasons. Wrap yourself up in it for a super cozy fireside look.
4. Tote your s'mores supplies down to the beach in the Devin Tote from Krochet Kids. This bag will give you plenty of space + style and is made by artisans in Peru!
5. And of course, these classic Burlap Platform Wedges from TOMS are comfy and cute! Synergy loves TOMS and are in awe of the amount of good they do in the world. For every pair of TOMS sold, the company donates a pair to a child in need.
1. It's an ice cream parlor - surf shop combo! That's right, stop in for some Synergy and grab a scoop while you're at it. If you're lucky you will catch the owner's son serving ice cream and serenading customers! Don't let the line out the door deter you, its well worth the wait.
2. Location, location, location! Scammell's is conveniently located right across the street from some AMAZING surf. So go catch some waves and then treat yourself to some ice cream and shopping! (6406 S Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head)
3. Zeus! The family dog Zeus is on hand to offer amazing customer service and give you his honest opinion on how you look in that new dress.
4. They are family owned and operated. This sweet family is a Nags Head mainstay. The dad has been surfing this area for 50 years!
5. They carry Synergy! Scammell's keeps the season's latest trends well stocked. You're sure to find something fashionable and fun every time you go.
Fun summer days in Nags Head are easy to achieve, surfing - ice cream - Scammell's!
You can check out their Facebook here.
Synergy Ambassador Hannah Muse will be leading a service/yoga retreat in Guatemala next month.
The retreat will focus on taking the profound teachings of yoga and engaging them with the world around us.
From her website:
"Join us as we integrate two profound paths of yoga: Karma Yoga and Hatha Yoga, on our very first Service Yoga Retreat. Working in collaboration with Hug it Forward, we will be working hand in hand with a local Guatemalan community to help build a school. This karma yoga practice will be deeply nourishing to the heart on its own, yet we will also provide you with a daily hatha yoga practice, whether it includes asana, mantra, pranayama, meditation. One things is certain: you will leave with a bigger gift in your heart than you could ever give with your hands. This yoga retreat is designed to purify and empower you from the inside out."
The retreat will take place August 7-15th + 5 Day Optional Extension (15-19th). Get more details here.
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of organic English breakfast tea
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger cut into a few pieces
- 1 cup of vanilla soy milk or almond milk